Forums | Portfolio Discussions

General Discussion /
INTAN SHAFINAZ BEDIN_02_SKKC1113_REFLECTION JOURNAL

26 May 2017, 10:46 AM

• Mass balance was the tough subject that have been mention by seniors. Imagination and conceptual are very important for this subject. Such as example, for chapter 4, the imagination was very useful in order to draw the flowchart from the question given. This is because in the real life, the problem will be created and be solved by human. The creativity and logic are needed to solve the problem. I am very weak for in determining the problem so that it will be hard for me to solve the problem in chapter 4. For the assignment given based on chapter 4, I took a lot of time to understand it well and finished it. Single unit processes was quite straight forward to understand but when it comes to multiple unit processes, I have to prepare early and have the basic on this subtopic. I did the revision before starting doing the assignment but at the end, I only can solve 3 or 4 question on my ownself and the others question I have to discuss with my classmates. Sometimes, my classmates also cannot solved the problem then I took another alternative which is asking my friends from another section. For the test 1 which was covered the single unit processes, I am not achieve my target which is to get above 50 percent of the marks. It is because I did not practices myself to solve the problem given in a specific time. For the chemical reaction subtopic, it was harder than single unit processes but easier than multiple unit process. The importance on this subtopic is the concept of the reaction and I do a lot of basic exercise to differentiate every reaction and to get know the variation of the question. My problem on the test 2 was I am very panic on that time to see multiple unit processes question and it will effect my another question.
    Chapter 5 was the only chapter that I have to target and do not want to loss mark. Overall, the topic was about the single phase system which consist of ideal gas and non-ideal gas situation. This topic will be quite easy because it is slightly same with the previous syllabus in foundation but there were some addition in some situation with another type of equation of state. Assignment 6 which covered this topic not take a lot of time. It only tooks me for a few hours and only 1 or 2 question I discussed with my friends because I got some confused. The things that must be avoid is silly mistake which is careless.
    For chapter 6, it was in the medium level for me. It is about multiphase system which need us to fully understand the concepts. For me, the tricky of this chapter was the confusion of the vapor pressure, the ability of abstact data from the table, the component that either can condensed or not and the concept of dew point and buble point. Therefore, I took long time to do the revision and understand this multiphase system. I can feel that it is easy to understand but when I did my assignment, there is a lot of questions comes to my mind. Then I felt like very stressed/ One thing I realized after I go through this chapter was group discussion is the most important things and most effective way to solve the problems of multiphase system. Finally, on test 3 I achieved my target and do my best for the last test.
    For the overall quizzes in this subject, it is enough for me to attend 15 quizzes for 1 subject. It was totally different from another subject but I like the type of the questions given in the quiz which were only basic of every subtopic. This is because it can verify my level of undestanding on every subtopic. The thing was very unexpected by me was the assignment. I did not feel burden on the amount of the assignment, but the level of the hardness of the question makes me feel depressed. Even the total assignment is 10 but the questions were only in the medium level, there is such no problems for me to finish it. Hoowever, I know there are a lot of benefit of the assignment. One of the benefit is that I will do it by hook or by crook. If it is not the assignment and just only the tutorial, I admit that I will not do it or maybe do it later. Another advantages of the assignment is the questions given was in different cases and sometimes there are also the past year questions together with the selected questions in the assignment, so I will exposed more to different type of question with different level of hardness.
    Mini project also teach me to be more professional. Like Dr Azizul said before, although the project can be done in a week, but in reality it might not be as easy as that. I realized that every problem must be solved early because the unexpected things such as facing another problem in solving a problem might be happened. During this project, teamwork was very important and I proud of my teammates for contributing much in solving the project. Everyone has their own weakness and from there I learnt to give and take, accept others opinion and also generated the idea. Every solutions that we propose must be explained carefully to the other so everyone of us understand it well enough.
    In a nutshell, at the end of this semester, I can see Dr Azizul's efforts to train us to become a good and discipline student. He taught to not take it easy on our responsibilities and being more respectful. Even though sometimes he was very strict, but I will think again that every single thing he asked us to do there must be a reason and I trust that if we cannot see the advantages now, we can see it in the future because all the things that I learnt now will be practice in my future life.
1 result