Forums | Portfolio Discussions

General Discussion /
MASS BALANCE EPORTFOLIO NUR ANNISA ABD HAFIZ

06 July 2023, 11:55 PM

Throughout this course , I learned many things in terms of lessons, how to solve problems and how to manage time. For example, to solve every problem and question, analyzing the question and understanding the question is important. Therefore, this can improve my efficiency in solving questions. Throughout this semester, many challenges were faced such as not understanding the content of some topics and needing a lot of time to learn. I am very happy in studying this subject because it can give me exposure to chemical engineering terms and concepts used in the industry. Besides that, there are many challenges mentioned earlier and one of them is the unsatisfactory test score and makes me want to work harder to achieve a better score in order to get an A for this subject. 

I was able to do my test 1 well because at the beginning of this course I still understood the concepts that were applied, even when I took test 2, it was quite difficult because I had never answered those questions in practice. My weakness in solving each question is that it is difficult to understand the given statement and draw a flowchart. If I can draw a flowchart correctly, my strength in this subject is that I like to make calculations so I can answer questions if the flowchart is given or can be drawn correctly. Test 3 I was quite happy after answering it because I was able to understand the questions compared to when I answered test 2. and I feel I answered test 3 better than answering test 2. There is still one question that is quite difficult because I did not answer sample questions using some process equipment . There is no shortcut to improve my performance which is just by doing more exercises and holding group discussions with friends to improve. 

Environmental and engineering assessments frequently employ mass balances. For instance, mass balance theory is utilised to construct chemical reactors, evaluate other chemical production methods, and comprehend the ideas presented in each chapter. A gradual shift is possible because to mass balance without the need for wasteful, expensive additional plants. It enables the growth of the market and the manufacturing of items made from renewable resources and recycled materials to go hand in side. According to what I learnt in this course, the idea behind solving any problem is essentially the same, but we must know which concept or law to apply because there are several ideas and laws that we must be aware of in order to be successful.

I think for the suggestion, I need more material with valid or recent sample questions in order to sharpen my knowledge and understanding in each chapter. Besides that, understand the learner's context (past, present and future); establish and respond to the learner's existing level of knowledge; and. provide adequate and appropriate practice over time.

Thank you to Dr. Zarina for always delivering the best in the class and also thank you to my classmate for always helping me and guiding me during the class. 

1 result