Forums | Portfolio Discussions

General Discussion /
LEARNING PORTFOLIO_MASS BALANCE SETK1123-02_Daen Shafin_

04 July 2023, 6:49 PM

First of all, i was a bit scared to pursue this Mass Balance course as it got bad comment from the seniors as it hard to understand plus my CGPA a bit low. For the first class for this course, i was though it was a bit difficult and gonna be bored as it need to remember every devices and make the quiz about it on the first day, what the hard luck i got but my lecturer,Dr Jamarosliza just want to test and introduce my class with device that will be commonly use through out for this course. As an experienced lecturer, my lecture try a new system which is an active learning method. This method was use to make student active in the class by giving a sticker for every question that they answer in the whiteboard while teaching. This activity was interesting as every five sticker you get, she will give you a present which is a premium chocolate such as Ferero Rochere. This sticker also will indicate our carry mark. This active learning method also make me ask the question frequently when not understand the topic.

During the learning time for this semester, the student was divided to group randomly which mostly consist of 4 members. This grouping was very helpful for student as you can discussing and asked groupmate if not understand about the topic. Other than that, it also very helpful when already assign in group as can do the mini project easily. During lecture time, Dr. Jamarosliza always give real situation for solving Mass Balance using device, it help to make it clear about the basic concept of Mass Balance. For single unit process it was difficult at first but when know the concept it was very easy to solve the question and the multiple unit process also become more easy. When enter new topic which is a reactive process, it was a confussing for me as not many example been done in class like non-reactive process topic. For last topic is about gases. It not to difficult as some formula that been using in this topic was familiar.

For the test, I was very shocked when read the course information as have 3 test for this course. However it was such a relieve when know that it was an open book test. For the test 1, it was very easy to score as only single unit process was involve and I manage to get 48 over 60. It was give me good impression for this subject to score well. For the test 2 , I was confident to score well for this test unfortunately I was not prepared well with question for the reactive and multiple unit process. I was not get half of the mark and it more shocking when gets the rumours to cut off 10 percent of the mark given as some student not follow the regulation well. For the test 3 which is consist of gases topic i was very confident with the solution that I gave. It was good news when finish answer for the test 3 as the rumour s about minus 10 percent was not true and it make me confident to pass this course.

This course was gived many benefit for me to become future engineer as it help to polish some of my skill and give experience on how to calculate Mass Balance in real situation. For example, during mini project activity, every group have been assigned with real situation of reactive process. It was difficult to jot down the question to provide the solution but when it done by group , it help my teamwork skil plus it also needed using Microsoft Excell software. This was help me to improve my skill using the software smoothly. It was one of industry criteria to master in this software. For suggestion, i think better to do more practice on reactive process as it can be hard for some student. Lastly,I want to thank me for believing in me, I want to thank me for doing all this hard work. I wanna thank me for having no days off. I wanna thank me for never quitting. I wanna thank me for always being a giver and trying to give more than I receive. I wanna thank me for trying to do more right than wrong. I wanna thank me for being me at all times

1 result