Forums | Portfolio Discussions

General Discussion /
Reflection on Plant Design 2 Project

02 July 2020, 12:53 AM

I am now the final year students of the Chemical Engineering Bachelor who can count on all 20 credits that I have enrolled in this semester to graduate from the great university. But God's a great planner. I'm not only an outstanding student. I quite surprise in the first year while study here because each subject I could not perform since I struggle very hard with study every day, I did not get what I want. In matriculation programme and SPM, I really perform and I apply same study style in university. But I wonder why I did not perform well. As a Muslim, I know Allah is the best planner and we as a servant of Allah always face a test no matter difficult or easy. I just keep struggle and contribute my time and energy to finish my degree well.

In my case , the basic fundamental management of this project has already been revealed to every assigned team since the first semester by Zero Waste Competition, in order to deliver the best product and production, given the fact that we have not been officially talking about searching information throughout. Each community seems to do its utmost to create a new strategy to find the right solution to inspire us to deal not only with the waste we produce, but also to look at both the waste and the wealthy innovatively.

Certainly, in plant design 2 projects, the critical and creative thinking skills that have been introduced throughout that class always meet their needs by discussing and brainstorming ideas and information in order to make a good choice. As I go through this project, which as a student of chemical engineering needs to be well understood, such as mass balance, energy balance, separation, transportation mechanism, control of processes, mathematics engineering and organic chemistry, which has been conceived in this program, I find it difficult to come back to the whole theory. But I do know that in each assigned group, students who have different levels of mastery in all that basic skills will perform each task assigned to each member's group. Here the idea of cooperation and a closer partnership has been established if all group members are aware of why they are specifically supposed to be together. Now, not only are pointer-related items meant to be important, but a high degree of human ability can grow, as we work together with the students ' diverse backgrounds who deal with various kinds of problems in their real lives.

In second year, the schedule is still compact like first year and I need to manage time wisely. But the different in this year is the transportation that we able to drive a car to the campus. Talking about the subject in this year, from secondary school I very like mathematical subject and I need to study again subject mathematical in university which is Mathematics Engineering 1 and 2 and also Differential Equation. At first, for test 1 I did not get the best marks and I comeback for test 2 and at the end of the subject I got A-. All mathematical subjects in university I got A- and me very appreciate that.

In my industrial training, I going my practical training in Ranhill SAJ and what I've seen in three month of industrial training at Headquarters is mostly how we manage it, how we present the documents and how we agree to address this by engaging with various kinds of workers. Good communication skills are therefore those that I need to improve to allow others to fully understand what I want to convey in good language, because quality is always more than quantity. I am not stay at headquarters, someday my supervisor send me to one of the location of water treatment plant to see how the process is going on, what type of machine/tank, what chemical they used to clarify the water and others. Every time my supervisor sends me to the plant, I need to make a report to proof and see my understandings. I got much knowledge doing my industrial training.

In third year, the most challenging is when I face an illness on end of semester 2 that make me trouble to study, go to class and communicate with my friends. I feel sad and sometimes I feel give up to finish my degree programme. But, I have my parents and friends who keep support me. I also read some quotes that said ‘The Greatest Weapon against Stress Is Our Ability to choose one Thought over another’. I success finish my third year and not get best grad in my subject but I am happy because of my struggling.

And last but not least, I write this to everyone who is interested in my life of research and to all my colleagues, lecturers and myself, who is the most important part of the journey. There are many things I have learned from this course, and also from this life of study. "Life is not an urgent matter." We take our own goals seriously, forget about having fun along the way and fail to slack us down somewhat. I really thanks to my friends, parents and lecturer who keep support me until I success finish my degree programmed.

1 result