Forums | Portfolio Discussions

General Discussion /
Reflection Plant Design Project

01 July 2020, 11:59 PM

There are a lot of things I have learnt from Plant Design Project which includes all the subjects I have learnt throughout my 4 years of studying in UTM specifically in School of Chemical and Energy Engineering as my degree is in Chemical Engineering. which needs a good understanding of basic knowledge as a student of chemical engineering, such as mass balance, energy balance, separation process, transport process, process control, engineering mathematics and also organic chemistry, which has been thought through out  these programs, it seems difficult for me to get back to all the theory. But I know that in every group assigned, there are different levels of students who have different levels of mastery in all that basic knowledge, in order to help each of the member groups fulfill every task assigned to them. This is where the concept of teamwork and a stronger bond has been developed if all the members of the group understand what is actually the reason why they are assigned to be together Firstly, seminar and classes that are held like seminar on flow block diagram, process control, safety and hazards and also mechanical design really helps me a lot in doing the project with a more clear vision. Thankfully, the lecturers involved and give talks in the seminar really helps a lot in delivering the information which make a clear vision for average student like me to understand and helps a lot in completing the project. Apart from that, supervisors also play an important role in this project. My supervisor gives a lot of information especially regarding the real working environment in industry because he has a lot of experience in the industry and the knowledge that he share might be useful not only in the project but also in our preparation entering the real working situation. Most of the input that he shared are very helpful in completing the project. He makes us see a clear picture on how big the industry of chemical egineering. Besides, team mates are the most important factor in making a succesful project. Participation from each of the group members are very outstanding. They give full commitment for the project and the best part of all, I learnt a lot from them not only things related to the academics but also in softskills such as time management, critical and creative thinking. They helps a lot in each of our group members parts. However, there are some problems for me to complete the project due to connection problems. I need to go to a cafe, coffee house to do some research and look for more information using the internet wifi. Sometimes I go to my friend’s house and come back home late at night. It is very dangerous but I have no choice. I have to complete my parts or otherwise things will be left undone and will burden my other members. UTM did not give the permission for the student to enter the campus although they are having problems regarding connection stability. This is quite heartbreaking for me because I struggling a lot because of this problems.

1 result